With more of a focus on teamwork and productivity, open desk configurations are the new hottest furniture trend. Many companies are switching from the traditional closed off cubicle to these cutting edge efficient configurations for the sheer purpose of maximizing the flow of ideas and creativity. There is no feeling of being closed off or crammed into a tiny space with this furniture trend. But before deciding whether or not making the switch to one of these layouts, it is important to look at both the pros and cons of this option to determine whether it will work for your company.
- Updated style: Open-air configurations can be customized to essentially any color, size, or number of spaces that the company desires. The contemporary style will impress your clientele and improve the overall look of your office.
- Open Feel: No matter how large or small your office space is, this open furniture layout will make your space feel much larger than it ever felt with those old cubicles. This openness will lead to team interaction and make for higher collaboration levels.
- Room for growth: Businesses are always looking towards the future so leaving room for growth is important. An open- air configuration is more versatile than that of the traditional cubical style; it is easier to add onto desk space and change as time goes on.
- Flexibility: One of the biggest benefits to this style is that it allows for multiple users in a designated workstation set and offers flexibility that isn’t found in traditional cubicles. Not only can places be added or removed, but you also have complete control over the layout of the office—including the placement of charging stations for easy access.
- Privacy: When deciding if you want to switch from cubicles to an open layout, privacy is a huge consideration. Open configurations lack this because there are no high dividing walls between workstations. Some businesses find that having walls between employees is crucial in order to maintain productivity and confidentiality. It is important to provide quiet spaces in which important information can be discussed and looked over in private if you choose this option.
- Noise: If you find that your staff is affected by noise level and need a quieter space to work, open-air configurations may not be the best choice. Modesty panels can be inserted, but will raise the cost of your configuration.
- Cost: Since open furniture solutions are new to the market, it is harder to find them at a discounted rate. However, these work spaces come at different price points depending on the features you chose—such as glass panels, wardrobes, pedestal cushions, or power options will drive the price up.
There are many things to consider when deciding whether an open desk configuration will benefit your company. If you are unsure, we have over 20 years of experience in the industry—let our knowledge work for you! Whether you are furnishing your office from scratch or thinking about remodeling your current space, we can help you customize your office in the way that best suits your needs and style. Call us today at Source One Furniture, (888) 451-0088 to start designing your dream space we are the one source you’ll need.